Heat shrink tubing is versatile and easy to use therefore it can be applied in an assortment of applications, the most common uses being:
- Electrical insulation – covering joints and repairs
- Strain relief – relieving pressure from the cable
- Wire bundling – in harness building and cable organisation
- Environmental and mechanical protection – preventing damage from abrasion, moisture, dust and chemicals
- Identification – the wide range of colours the tubing is manufactured in allows it to be used for colour coding and component ID
When selecting the right size tubing, you should consider the maximum and minimum diameter of what you are covering. Use this information to check against the recovered diameter (the diameter after shrinking) and expanded diameter (the pre-shrinkage diameter) of the sleeve.
You can cut most tubing to a suitable length using standard scissors. The unshrunk tubing can be slid over the area or objects it is to cover. Then with a hand held heat gun or heat shrink oven, the sleeve is shrunk tightly. To prevent uneven shrinkage or overheating, check the recommended heating temperature beforehand.
enquiry for this product